+44 (0) 20 7580 5861 qualifications@arb.org.uk

Support and further information for students

All Universities offer support for students through Student Services and they are probably the best place to start if you need help or guidance while you are studying. They will be able to signpost you to their own services as well as outside organisations in your area which are relevant to you.

You might also find your Students Union or the National Union of Students and the following organisations helpful:

GOV.UK – student loans
Turn2Us – national charity advising about debt
Citizens Advice – local branches throughout the UK providing debt advice

Disability Rights UK – helpline for students with disabilities
GOV.UK – rights and benefits

Mental Health:
NHS Choices – student mental health
Mind – mental health charity
Student Minds – support for students with mental health issues

General Healthcare:
NHS Choices – advice on student health issues
Patient UK – useful leaflets
NHS 111 – telephone helpline (call 111)

Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) – equality law for students in further and higher education

GOV.UK – student visas
GOV.UK – work visas

Legal advice:
Citizens Advice – local branches throughout the UK 

Disputes with your University:
In the first instance you should follow the internal complaints process for your university. If this does not resolve the problem you could take your complaint to:
Office of the Independent Adjudicator in Higher Education (OIAHE) – reviews student complaints